Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Incredible Book Eating Boy - Henry

My first book for my "That's My Name!" project is The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers.  My son, H was invited to his classmate Henry's birthday party.  We just happened to have borrowed TIBEB from the library at the time.  H was tickled that he knew a real life Henry!  We decided to give Henry TIBEB for his birthday and now I'm obsessed with giving books with characters, authors, illustrators with the same name as the recipient.



The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers is about a boy, Henry, who discovers that through eating books, he becomes smarter.  Soon, he is obsessed with consuming books, but it becomes too much and all his knowledge gets jumbled up.  Henry must stop eating books, but he discovers that reading books works almost as well as eating them-- although the bite taken out of the back cover indicates that he indulges from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment